Thursday, April 11, 2013

Why Was I Up So Early? and Working Out at Home

Whew.

It's 11:30 in the morning, and already I've had my coffee, talked to my mom, read some of my book, crocheted a little, watched some TV, AND worked out.  Most days off, I haven't even had my coffee by 11:30.

Jimmy had an overnight guard duty again last night, and accidentally woke me when he came home at 6:30.  I laid in bed for another hour and a half or so, but couldn't manage to fall back asleep.  So I got out of bed and apparently put my productive pants on.



River was less than amused by my choice to get up early.


Not much of what I did was really worth blogging about, except the workout I just did.  I still haven't gotten up the courage to go to an on-post gym, and Caitlyn isn't a class kind of person (Zumba, Yoga, etc) and I'm too socially awkward to go alone.  So, where did I turn?  Pinterest.  Duh.

I actually have a whole board of workout type stuff.  I still haven't devised an every day plan yet, but here's what I did today.


This is literally everything I used to work out this morning.  No fancy equipment, no expensive programs or DVD's.  Just a pillow, a chair, two cans of soup, my TV and my phone.

First, I did an arm workout, found here. It's a Tracy Anderson ballet-inspired arms workout. It's eight minutes long and hard as f***. But I can already tell it's going to work like a charm if I do it every day.  And really, who doesn't have eight minutes?


This is the actual video if you want to watch it here.   It requires no equipment except a phone or computer to watch the video on.  I recommend a computer or tablet--it was kind of hard to see all the moves on my phone.

Then I did this workout:

                                                            Simple

This was  also kind of hard, because I'm overweight and out of shape, and also because I did the arms workout and some squats on my own before this.  The wall sit and plank times were cut in half, but I plan to work up to longer.

The final workout I did was my favorite by far.  It can be found here, and it's actually titled "The Lazy Girl Workout."  It's timed for a 30 minute TV show with commercials.  You do the weight exercises (which is what the cans of soup and pillow were for) during the program, and some cardio like jumping jacks or running in place during commercials.  I was using Netflix, so I just added in a minute or two of cardio where the commercials should have been.

                                     

This workout makes me feel WAY less guilty about my TV watching.  I'll probably do another round later on tonight as well.  I'm going to pay for it tomorrow; my whole body (ESPECIALLY my arms) really hurts.

So there you have it.  I worked on my entire body, WHILE watching TV, and with no more tools than what you probably have in your living room and kitchen right now.

The only problem?  Now I'm hungry, and I think I'm going to be down a weight tomorrow, because that Italian Wedding soup is looking pretty good...

No comments:

Post a Comment