Monday, April 8, 2013

Case of the Mondays and "First World Problems"

Ugh.  I'm feeling very "bleh" today.

Steffany, Shylo, Dyann and Jim left yesterday afternoon, and the house already feels way too quiet without the girls around.  That's depressing enough, in and of itself.

Then Jimmy's phone took a nosedive last night, and we had to spend quite a bit of time and money at Verizon this morning to get a new one.  It actually worked out okay--my dad was due for an upgrade he was never going to use, so instead of dealing with insurance claims and being without a phone for a week, we were able to get Jimmy a brand new iPhone 5 for just a little more than it would have cost to replace his old 4.   They also gave us about $90 back for trading in his old (basically useless) broken phone, so that knocked down the price some too.  We also found out that I'm due for an upgrade in June, which is the good news.  Sadly, I need a new case now, and it seems silly to buy a nice one for just three months. BUT I found a decent one on Amazon just now for about ten dollars:

  












So that was nice.  But this was after looking at three separate places for a case.  Verizon, Wal-Mart, and the PX had next to no cases left for iPhone 4's or 4s's.  The few they did have were either pink and glittery (ICK!) or way too expensive for something I'll only use for a few months.  So the trek all around town was frustrating.

This was also after finding the PERFECT painting for the giant empty space above our staircase (now that it's clean!) at Hobby Lobby, only to find out it wasn't really on sale for half off like the sign said it was, and would actually have cost seventy dollars... Which was way more than I was willing to spend.  So I left there feeling pretty annoyed.

These are all distinctly "First World Problems," I know.  But they've still left me feeling grumpy and irritated. So today I'm going to take a break from cleaning and being productive.  I'm going to curl up on the couch with my babies, do some crafting, watch some bad TV, and maybe later make something fun for dinner.

Hope everyone else's case of the Mondays isn't as bad as mine. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment