Monday, March 25, 2013

Welcome to the Reluctant Housewife...

My name is Wesley.  I'm a military wife, part-time nanny, and full-time Pinterest addict.  I work full time every other week caring for an adorable four year old named Gavin.  The opposite weeks, I alternate between playing with our dogs, Simon and River, cleaning my house, procrastinating cleaning my house, and wanting to gouge my eyes out with a soup spoon.

Let me explain something.  I love my husband, very much.  I've gotten accustomed to living on-post in Fort Benning, Georgia.  We've become friends with the neighbors, and I truly enjoy my job on the weeks that I work. But I was not built to be a housewife, even part time.  I'm not a "stay at home" kind of person.  I like to work, and I LOVE to be busy.  On my weeks off, that's exactly what I end up doing.  I stay at home doing housewife-y things, like cooking and cleaning and laundry and dishes.

Gag me with a spoon.

Not a good attitude, I know.  So, in an effort to not rip my hair out or stab my husband in the face the next time he leaves dirty laundry THREE FEET FROM THE BASKET... I've decided to blog about it.  I'll post recipes, cleaning tricks I find, random pictures of my dogs, nanny crafts and activities, more random pictures of my dogs, and really whatever else strikes my fancy.

Really, I'm just as curious to see what's going to come out of my mouth as you are... So stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment