Friday, August 23, 2013

Totally Obsessed--Um, Fridays...

I know.  I know.

You're giving me that you-abandoned-us-again look.  I get it.  I didn't post a Totally Obsessed Tuesday. I haven't even managed a Weeknight Recipe Rescue (yeah, I just made that up, just roll with it) for you.  I suck at life this week, okay? I  know.

Let me defend myself.

This has been a crazy week.  I got my traditional Beginning of Fall Cold last Friday (even though it's not fall here until, like, November.  Guess my Yankee body didn't get the memo).  And it has seriously kicked my butt.  I barely got out of bed from Friday until Tuesday except for work.  Then, Tuesday there was an FRG meeting and I had to go be all social through my cold-medicine-induced haze.  And now, the last two days have been consumed with a panicked flurry of activity trying to jump through flaming hoops for the government trying to get myself ready for school. There have been many phone calls to government agencies, lots of tears, and a little bit of panic.

I thought about you guys. I really, really did.  On Tuesday, as I was lying in bed, very nearly asleep, my eyes popped wide open and I thought "Oh NO!  I didn't blog today!  Shit!"  I almost got out of bed that very minute to post something.  Except, you know, it was late and I was tired.  So I didn't. But I thought about it.  On Thursday, while I was cooking dinner, I though "Hey! Thursday starts with T!! It kind of works!"  But I was cooking dinner, and I don't know if you know this, but my chicken paprika is REALLY EFFING GOOD, and I just couldn't tear myself away.  But I thought about it!

So here we are on Friday.  I hate to tell you this, but the only things I've been Totally Obsessed with this week are NyQuil, trying to get things set for school before it's too late and I have to wait another semester, and apple donuts.

About the apple donuts. I don't know how many of you live in Northern Illinois, but if you don't that sucks for you.  Because you can't go to Jonamac Orchard and feast on their apple donuts.  They are the most delicious thing about fall.  Except maybe pumpkin spice lattes, but that's another story for another ToT.  If you live within an hour of Dekalb, Illinois, you HAVE TO GO THERE. The apple donuts are heavenly.  They've been on my mind all week, and I'm super upset that I'm not at home and can't just go get one (or two.  Or a dozen).

In any event, that's all I have time for today.  I cross my heart and hope to die, I'll post again later this weekend.  I swear!  But now I have to take the munchkin to his dad's.

Oh, before I forget--Who ARE you people?  My first Totally Obsessed Tuesday post had fifty views.  That's a LOT for my page. Usually, I get somewhere between 15-30. I know my mother reads me, and Sarie, I know you're out there.  Alicia, I know you follow by email... But for real, who are the rest of you?  Leave me a comment!  Tell me who you ARE!  I'm dying to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment