Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Stay-at-Home-Something

You know, a lot of people envy my schedule.  "You only work every other week? That's AWESOME!"  Is something I get a lot.  And in some cases, it's totally true.  It means I get to go home for two weeks of leave, but only take one week off work.  It means I literally never have to take off work to schedule a doctor's appointment, because I can make them for my off weeks.  It means Laundry Day doesn't have to come after a full day of reminding Gavin to cover his mouth when he coughs and to please not share his Cheeze-It's with the dog.

But it also means a lot of long days with little to fill them.  If I were a stay at home mom, this schedule would be great--it would allow me to hang out with my tiny person and get things done every other week, and make money on the opposite weeks.

Right now it's mostly just boring. 

Saturdays, I wake up and I'm all excited it's my week off.  I get to relax.  This carries on through Monday morning, when I get out of bed at whatever leisurely time I want.  But by Monday afternoon?  I'm bored.  There's only so much Netflix a person can watch, guys. Added to that, every time I look anywhere in my house, my eyes land on something I should be cleaning... It makes being home by yourself all day not such an awesome experiment.  ESPECIALLY now that we're down to one car.

I think if I can convince Jimmy to.... *ahem* liberate some wood pallets from the trash dump, I'm going to make an outdoor couch for the back yard.  But until then, today I'm breaking out of the house and taking the car from Jimmy.  I'm headed to Hobby Lobby (or as Gavin likes to call it, The Orange Place) to see if I can't find a cheap project to keep myself occupied.  So hopefully, my next post will be way more interesting than this one, and have pictures and stuff.

See? Even my posts get boring on my off weeks.

1 comment:

  1. You can get hulu to keep yourself occupied :) but I hear ya I have 3 days off a week and are usually bored to bits

    ReplyDelete